The client’s standing ERP system was a combination of various antiquated systems. These systems provided limited reporting functionality and were isolated to their specific business unit. It was no longer feasible for large municipalities to contract with one supplier for an ERP system that required significant customization, and then engage a separate third-party integrator to make the system functional. The Tyler Munis ERP solution helps the client meet departmental needs, better serve constituents, and benefit from the Tyler philosophy of continuously investing in their technology platforms at no additional licensing fees. This method would also modernize the city’s supply chain and financial system, helping them operate more efficiently while also giving citizens better visibility into the city’s fiscal workings. Lacking the subject matter experts required to port the legacy ERP systems to Tyler Munis, the client needed to outsource for help with this project.
Eliassen Group was entrusted with the initiative. We deployed 18 functional and technical consultants with previous municipality and government experience. The team was to drive the design, development, testing, and delivery of Tyler Munis and the ERP initiative. They were utilized for multiple projects within the program, and were responsible for all implementations, changes, production issues, and incident resolutions.
Due to the successful implementation of the Tyler Munis ERP solution, the client has experienced significant improvement in the following areas:
- Improved financial, budget, procurement, inventory, and asset management
- Accurate and timely project cost information and data-sharing
- Faster real-time access to financial data
- Improved record-keeping, data analysis, and customized reporting
- Simplified compliance and disparity reporting
- Enhanced vendor management
- Improved business insight to make management decisions
- Real-time access to financial data across all city departments
- Simplified grant management, tracking, and reporting
- Allowed for transparent purchasing citywide
- Established real-time, role-based dashboards that can provide views of the City’s financial position
- Established use of a standard set of software as the "engine"
- Integrated with other key systems
- Standardized data management to make information readily available for business decisions