As an IT consultant, no one can tell you what technologies you should keep up with if you want to continue to prosper in your career.
You are, after all, the boss of your own company, and are in charge of that most important of entities – your career. As someone who works in a succession of contracting roles, you will look for those positions that, at any given time, will teach you a new skill, allow you to work on a project that will make you even more desirable to a future employer, and chase those opportunities that will pay you the most money.
But at the rate in which technologies change, you also have to spend time getting the training you need that will maintain your marketability, particularly if you work with applications related to big data, business intelligence and business analysis.
The gang at Information Week has just published its list of some of the hottest Big Data Certifications that are currently available. They include:
- EMC Data Science Associate
- Cloudera Certifications – Which offers specific designations for Data Scientists (CCP.DS); Certified Developer for Apache Hadoop (CCDH); Cloudera Certified Administrator for Apache Hadoop (CCAH); Cloudera Certified Specialist in Apache Hbase (CCSHB)
- IBM Certified Solution Advisor - Big Data & Analytics
- HortonWorks - Hadoop 2.0 Java Developer Certification; Hadoop 2.0 Developer Certification; Hadoop 2.0 Administrator Certification
- HP Vertica - HP Vertica Big Data Accredited Solutions Expert (ASE) for Vertica Big Data Solutions Administrator V1
- Oracle Business Intelligence - Oracle Business Intelligence Foundation Suite 11g Certified Implementation Specialist
- SAS - SAS Certified Predictive Modeler using SAS Enterprise Miner 7 Credential; SAS Certified Statistical Business Analyst Using SAS 9: Regression and Modeling Credential
- Revolution Analytics - Revolution R Enterprise Certified Specialist
- MAPR - MCHA - MapR Certified Hadoop Administrator; MCHD - MapR Certified Hadoop Developer; MCHBD - MapR Certified HBase Developer
What’s important for anyone who is considering a career in Big Data is to make sure you have a defined career path before you sign up to take any Big Data certification courses. Don’t waste your money in a haphazard manner.
You don’t need to.
What are some other certification programs that could enhance a Big Data specialist’s credentials?