A large Healthcare Payer lacked a functioning Enterprise Architecture (EA) program. The new CIO at the time recognized this as a significant gap. Like many organizations, they had architects, but they lacked a well-rounded and effective EA program.
There was also widespread resistance to design or any level of governance that would impede the fast delivery of capabilities. Unfortunately, this approach was leading to significant technical debt and IT complexity, with a net result of slower delivery.
More and more resources were focused on maintaining complex and overlapping systems, with fewer focused on delivering real business value.
Eliassen Group performed an Enterprise Architecture Assessment and developed a set of recommendations to close this gap.
Working with IT Management, our team built an EA roadmap designed to implement the flexible Eliassen Group EA Operating Model. This practical model was easily adjusted to the culture of the organization and to their agile methodologies.
Over time, Eliassen Group led delivery of the roadmap and worked to hire resources into the various EA roles. The Eliassen team also helped the company implement sustainable process and tooling.
With the EA team in place and operating, Eliassen Group became an extension of the payer’s team providing resources as well as guidance and mentoring as needed. This partnership has lasted many years, enabling a true EA transformation.
About our EA Services
We assist companies with their EA programs, from strategy to implementation to optimization. Through flexible, customized services we help them to:
- Create a holistic view of their technology and business assets.
- Define the systems, tools, and processes required to achieve business goals.
- Identify information assets needed to meet business objectives.
- Break down silos between departments and architectures.
- Reduce the complexity across systems and processes.
- Set up a robust EA for smart technology solutions, efficient operations, and performance measurement well into the future.
Find out how Eliassen Group can help you improve your Enterprise Architecture. Contact us today to discuss your needs.